Bike Slovenia Green
WHY ARE OUR BIKE SLOVENIA GREEN TOURS SPECIAL?
- Bike Slovenia Green tours connect destinations that have been awarded the Slovenia Green certificate by committing to a green future and developing their tourism in a sustainable manner. Slovenia Green is based on the globally recognized criteria of the Green Destinations Standard, awarded by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council.
- The cycling tour participants, accommodation providers, tour guides and luggage carriers all receive a special Code of conduct for responsible behaviour during the tour. Our guides are additionally trained about the sustainability aspects of travel.
- Our key aim is to make Bike Slovenia Green tours carbon neutral. The tours are designed in a way to minimize their carbon footprint as much as possible. The remaining emissions are compensated with donations to local sustainability initiatives.
- Using a bicycle to travel around a destination is an environmentally friendly choice. Wherever cycling is not a possibility, we prioritize travel by train.
- Bike Slovenia Green tours are designed in a way to avoid the use of single-use plastics as much as possible. Since Slovenia boasts potable water of incredible quality, the use of single-use plastic bottles is strongly discouraged.
- We wish our tours to leave a beneficial impact on the environment and the local communities. We prioritize small, family-run accommodation. We encourage businesses to join sustainability schemes and choose certified service providers whenever possible.
- We always look for authentic boutique stories. We work with small wineries and seek out local artisans, cheesemakers and beekeepers. Bike Slovenia Green tours are focused on discovering hidden gems, while avoiding overly visited tourist spots.
The Bike Slovenia Green Gourmet Route (BSGGR) is the perfect itinerary for ever-evolving global travelers who seek everything: pleasure, adventure, and responsibility. Combining cuisine, Slovenia Green-certified destinations, beautiful and varied landscapes with cycling the BSGGR has something for everyone.
touring, e-bike, gravel
guided, self-guided, tailor-made
Length & elevation
359-479 KM, 3190-6430M
The Bike Slovenia Green is a 8 day biking tour connecting destinations that have obtained Slovenia Green certificate. Destinations receive this certificate when they show sufficient efforts directed towards the sustainable development.
TOURING, E-BIKE, GRAVEL
LOW / MEDIUM
This unique cycling tour is your perfect pick for a quick and green getaway to beautiful Slovenia. It combines three of our cherished regional centres – Ljubljana as the urban capital, Kočevsko as the capital of nature, and Bela krajina as the cultural capital.
TOURING, E-BIKE, GRAVEL
MEDIUM / HIGH