EPIC SLOVENIA • gravel bike tour
The Epic Slovenia gravel bike tour offers high-quality gravel biking across the most beautiful regions of Slovenia, pedaling from the Julian Alps all the way to the Adriatic coast in only 7 days. Hidden gravel roads, incredible nature and friendly locals provide for an unforgettable adventure.
The tour starts in Arnoldstein, a charming little town just across the Austrian border. An uphill ride to Mt. Peč is rewarded by a thrilling descent to Kranjska Gora, an Alpine resort known for skiing competitions. Before catching the sight of one of the most beautiful rivers in Europe, the Soča river, another challenge awaits – the Vršič mountain pass. Leaving the Soča Valley behind, the road then leaves the mountains and continues towards Goriška Brda, a region famous for high-quality wine and delicious home-made food. The last part of the tour offers excellent gravel biking through the remote karst area, before descending towards the coastal town of Piran, a small slice of Venice in Slovenia. The mission of the last day is to explore the magical Istria, following the abandoned Parenzana railway track.
- Gravel biking in 4 countries in only 7 days – Austria, Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- Landscape diversity – biking in the Alps, Soča Valley, Brda wine region, stony Karst and Adriatic coast
- Crossing Vršič Mountain pass
- Long thrilling descent from Mt. Stol
- Excellent local cuisine & wine